Monday, April 9, 2012

Naperville Central High School, April 9th, 2012

Got off work early today so off to a ball game I went. This is getting to be a habit, but a habit that I like very much. Found my way to Naperville Central's sports complex, just off of West st in downtown Naperville. Pretty good parking, but then they have like 10 fields, and just beyond the high school's property is a community park of more baseball fields.



The field looks to be in good shape, the infield looks to have just been planted this year as it isn't completley green yet. The base paths from home are grass. The outfield fence is just that a fence with a red banner across it. They have a nice backstop and dugouts, plus they have bleachers all around the. They also have a concrete building that is thin and about two stories high for the scorekeeper to sit. There are no announcements of batters just walk up music blaring.

Today, I lasted through six innings, the Naperville Central Redhawks were leading the Glenbard East Rams 10-3. The pitcher that the RedHawks had going was going very well, but their shortstop made some very nice plays including one bare handed play. I had to leave early because of the 25 mile per hour winds making it rather cold to me.


This was my first high school game since I was in high school in the late 90's, covering the Hinsdale South Hornets team for the school paper. It wont be my last one this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment